Saturday, March 14, 2009

The saddest story of all times

Where the f*ing f* have I been? Well it's a good thing you asked. I hope you are ready to hear the saddest story of All Times.

This is about my sister-in-law, which would probably not like to have her sad story posted on the interwebs, so I'll leave it as general as can be - cause from what I heard this happened to other people before, bless their shredded hearts.

So what could be so possibly terrible that it needs such an introduction. Well here's a general timeline.
  1. She finds out her husband is cheating on her
  2. He promises to stop
  3. She gets pregnant
  4. Six months in the pregnancy, he's acting weird and distant
  5. She questions him about still having an affair
  6. He says, among other things, that he's not happy and doesn't find her attractive anymore and that he wants a divorce
How messed up is that. Asking for a divorce while your wife is pregnant with your child. Do you realize the stress you're putting on her and therefore on your unborn child. Do you not care at all?!

Plus, telling your wife that you don't find her attractive anymore?! Seriously?! Probably the worst hurtful thing I've ever heard my entire life.

Thankfully, my sister-in-law is a rock. She realized she could not be sad cause it wasn't healthy for the baby. So she carried on, healthy and tall and strong. I am truly amazed at her courage.

Oh, but the story doesn't end there. During the divorce process, Idiot (her husband) realizes for the first time that divorce = alimony, or some other sudden realization about how much he's fucked up, and claims he wants to work on the marriage. Yeah, you heard that right. Incredible isn't it?!

Amazingly enough, she agrees. On the terms that they get a divorce anyway "just in case it doesn't work and she wans out" and that he goes to personal counseling to resolve his issues (whatever those maybe that makes him a rotten husband, a cheater, and an already irresponsible father). He says ok and she stays.

Somewhere in there, she has the baby and finalize the divorce. And they still live together. And he is still NOT going to therapy. Clearly, Idiot thinks now that she's staying he doesn't need to respect the terms of their agreement.

Eventually she goes back to work, albeit part time, and who babysits while she's gone? His grandparents! Where is Idiot? Out with his buddies. Oh, and the few times he babysits, he complains that the baby cries all the time. Hello, that's what babies do, you fucking moron. Anyway, she asks him if he tried all those tricks that she told him, and he says no!!! He's babysitting his own child and doesn't not even try to sooth her when she cries. He expects that holding her is probably enough. Apparently, giving her a bath, or reading to her, or taking off her clothes (like all babies, she liked to be naked :P), or singing a song, that was too much effort. I can just picture him trying to watch a baseball game on TV, pissed off that the baby is not letting him. Argh!

Anyway, things naturally progress into shit, as you would expected them too in this situation. Finally she decides he's not going to change and to move in with her parents. Now this was planned to happen some time later this month, so we were ok with that. So she starts packing her stuff. Of course, I had very little hope that Mr.Selfish would just let her "leave with all my stuff"! (that's what I image he would be thinking) So not surprisingly last wednesay we get an email from my mother-in-law saying things are turning sour and they are leaving the next day to get her moved out of there right away.

This is where her story merges with the reason I've been away for my blog. I just wanted to see her out of there, and I saw this "emergency move" as the final push she needed to make and the final straw where she might finally not be strong enough this time. So hubby and I ask for a couple of days off work and we jump on the plane.

So last weekend, this is where I was. Moving my sister-in-law and my niece from their house with Idiot, back to her parents house. My parents-in-law, in retrospect, were so happy that we were there. It finalized it in sis-in-law's mind that this was set in stone, she really was moving, there was no turning back now that we were there all the way from California to help her move. It also helped to have our extra hands to move her stuff - cause she had a lot. It also helped her emotionally, that we were there for her. We are just so happy that she and my niece are finally out of that house.

We came back in town Sunday night.

So yeah, this doesn't explain why I was absent this week, does it now? This story is much less sad. You ready for it? I was reading Twilight :P I went to bed too late, reading. I was tired in the morning, didn't excercise, went to work late, etc, etc. This book is affecting my life - definition of addiction much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment