Saturday, March 21, 2009

Betcha Didn't Know

Wow, here I am barely getting started with my crazy Twilight addiction (only read the first book so far) and I'm already talking about Edward this and Edward that... It's driving Captain Awesome crazy. But he's having a great time making fun of me about it, so we're even.

Anywho, "Barking Mad" is hosting a Twilight contest! So I have to enter it, to feed my Edward-o-mania madness. All you have to do is post something your readers didn't know. As it turns out, Captain Awesome vetoed the plans to paint the second bedroom today. So now I have totally have time to submit a post for the contest!

I was rummaging for a really juicy story... But I'm pretty much an open book of boring, being the good girl that I am (if you substract the sailor mouth). So I'll give you little tidbits of unknown information instead:

1. I'm obsessed with flossing and utterly outraged at the price of dental floss. $4 for a little bit of string, seriously?! I'm honestly considering buying dental floss from an online dental supplier (case of 144 for $110, score!)... My only concern: storage space.

2. The only kind of dental floss I will use is waxed and unflavored, which is fucking impossible to find. Am I really the only person out there who hates mint-flavored dental floss?!

(sorry for the dental floss theme so far)

3. Muscular forearms are a huge turn on for me. It's what attracted me to Captain Awesome in the first place. Forearms. Weird, I know.

(On a side note, I bet Edward would have fantastic forearms)

4. I hate lying. My boss always gives me random suggestions (check your 401k, have buttermilk for stomach ache, have tumeric for sore throat) and he won't stop harassing me until I do it. I know I could lie and say that I did it and he'd leave me alone. But I can't.

5. It drives me nuts that Captain Awesome leaves cupboard/pantry/closet doors open. All. The. Time. He gets a plate, doesn't close the cupboard door. Gets a sweatshirt, doesn't close the closet door. But I figured I have enough OCD issues that he already has to deal with, I don't want to bother him with yet another one. So I walk behind him and close them. Pick your battles.

6. I dated a huge pothead for almost 5 years. When I broke up with him and moved to Santa Barbara, I accepted the first room for rent where the potential roomie didn't ask during the walk-through "are you cool about me smoking weed?", which sadly took a while. I never wanted to see the stuff again. And thankfully, I haven't.

7. I keep buying carrots cause you can snack on them and it's healthy. But I don't actually like carrots and usually never eat them. Just toss 'em when they're bad and buy more.

8. I'm a huge mimicker. It's not voluntary. I just absorb the speech patterns and expressions of the people I see most often. I know most people do that involuntarily to a certain extent, but it's 10 times worst with me.

9. In high school, I was a huge skater punk girl. Punk clothes. Punk music. Punk green hair. I had promotional poster of skateboard wheels on my walls for god's sake. Wheels! You'd never believe I'm the same person now, all in pink. (Arguably, I only had to change one letter. And also everyone makes stupid choices when they're teenagers, so I shouldn't be too embarassed.)

10. I cry from pure unadultered joy at the sight of baby animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment