Sunday, March 22, 2009

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction

So shortly after I posted my last blog entry about the betcha-didn't-knows, I received a comment from drollgirl who said she thought it was really funny. Well flattered as I was, I bragged to Captain Awesome that someone thought I was funny, and he asked to read my post!

Captain Awesome never reads my blog. It's not that he doesn't care, it's just that he figured I needed some privacy. Which I probably do, even though I keep no secrets from him, it's nice to have this little space to vent.

Anyway, so he gets to the part about him never closing cupboard doors, and he starts laughing. Then I realize why he's laughing and yell "shit, no! You weren't supposed to read that!!"

But too late!

He said he had NO idea. I explained that opened cupboard doors give me the eebie jeebies, it's like something bad is going to happen, it's unfinished business, it's just plain scary. And my argument is this: Remember in The Sixth Sense the mom walks away from the kitchen and then comes back two seconds later and ALL the cupboard doors are open?! See, everyone thinks opened cupboard doors are scary! Opened cupboard doors made the movie scary. QED motherfuckers, QED.

Anyway, he promised he'd be more careful about it. On the other hand, he did gently reminded me that he finds dental floss everywhere and I should be more careful too. Yeah well so I floss while I watch TV, and yeah I'm too lazy to get up and put the used floss in the garbage can right away, so leave it on a tissue or a dirty plate or an empty glass, and yeah I may - sometimes - forget it there. Hey, there's a price to pay for proper dental hygiene!

No comments:

Post a Comment