Sunday, March 15, 2009

Relaxation canceled due to worm storm

Captain Awesome and I, being total dorks, had the perfect plan for the ultimate Pi day yesterday (3/14). Plus, we were going to finally sit down and relax after our exhausting travels last weekend. But our tiny furry creature (Anathema, the little one, the cute one, Trouble with a capital T) decided our plan was schmuck and that it would probably much more fun to spring a case of tape worms on us. Yeah, gross.

I called all the vets in town, but they were already closed for the weekend. I called the animal hospital to ask if I could bring her in to get the medication immediately and they said it would be unnecessarily expensive of course, and that it wasn't an emergency so I'd have to wait more than the others of course, so they suggested I just wait until Monday when my regular vet opens. 2 days?! You want me to wait 2 days, with worms coming out of my cat's butt dropping all over our house at an increasing rate?! Ugh, yeah, I don't think so. I'll gladly shell out the extra $100 and patiently wait my turn. Cause while it does not harm the cat, it is absolutely and completely gross.

The time that I did not spend at the pet hospital was spent cleaning our apartment thoroughly to get rid of any unwanted bacteria, germ, worm, parasite, or any other invisible detritus stupid cats shed.

So here we are, Sunday. Unfortunately we can't have a re-do attempt at a relaxing day cause we both have to do a fair amount of work today. But nevertheless, we should be able to fit in a nap sometime in the afternoon, which is all I ask for in a weekend day!

No comments:

Post a Comment